Monday 14 July 2014

7 ways to revamp your bedroom

1.    Lets start with the furniture. I love to move everything around in my room, I always change my desk and bed around for a different outlook and I’ve done this so many times. Your room often needs a refresher, especially if you spend a lot of time in your room. With a little shifting around, voila, I magically become an interior designer. If you think your bed would look better in the other corner or you think your desk should stick out from the wall, then try it! You can always change it back. If you don't fancy lugging heavy desks around at first, you can always grab a piece of paper, draw the shape of your room and try out the furniture in different places before you move them.



2.     Decorate your walls. I found this cute red Oxford canvas in a charity shop, I've used maps, postcards as well as birthday cards to make my plain white walls more interesting and personal. I also added some Cath Kidston style bunting that I got for my birthday-you could also buy some funky material, download a pattern from a website and make your own. Another common decoration is fairy lights. These are very pretty, give a cosy atmosphere and aren’t very expensive-I bought these for 6.99 from amazon.



3.     Next, the bed. It's a pretty vital part of your room, it is a BEDroom afterall. I love buying new bedding, and it gives you the opportunity to change or enhance the colour scheme in your room. You can also get throws and cushions to brighten it up and make it more comfy and homely.

4.     Spread out jewellery over your room, hang it from the walls or display it to add colour and interest to your room. It’s a really good way of showing your own style and individuality, it's also easy to reach.



5.     Put up more shelves to create more room to store or display things - the life of a bookaholic is cursed with putting up shelves and creating ever-growing piles on the floor...these actually make brilliant bedside tables! 



6.     Add a plant or two. These make the room look more exotic. Even if you aren’t good at keeping things alive-get cacti or a little palm tree, as they only need watering occasionally, or you can get artificial plants.



7.    Create a collage of family photographs. These are ones from my childhood of my family and friends, and it's always nice to remind yourself of memories from that time. It also adds a lot of colour and provides a focal point for the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment